Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
- Attention all new students to the SMUHSD!
If you are planning on attending San Mateo High School in August 2015, you must go to the Office of Attendance and Welfare located at 640 N. Delaware Street. Appointments are NOT required, but are strongly recommended! Call 650-558-2299 to make an appointment.
- Priority 1 Enrollment Window opens 8:30 AM on January 7, 2015 and closes 11:59 PM February 20, 2015
- Priority Enrollment Hours:
Regular Office Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Thursday (Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 PM), Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
Extended Hours: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays from January 7th through February 20th.
Saturday Hours: January 10th, 24th, 31st and February 7th: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Please visit the website to get a list of all the required documents you will need to provide when you visit the Office of Attendance and Welfare
If your school of residence is NOT San Mateo, and you would like to apply for a transfer, you must enroll first.
- Incoming 9th Grade Orientation & Course Selection Information
- Incoming Freshman Resource Guide - Download
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Did you know....