|Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
- Incoming Freshman Resource Guide - Download
- Call 558-2299 for an enrollment appointment. Appointments are not required, but are highly recommended. Scheduling begins November 12, 2013.
- Priority 1 Enrollment Window registration begins at 8:30am on January 8, 2014 and ends at 11:59pm on February 21, 2014. Do not miss this window to receive priority assignment to your home school, apply for a sibling transfer or apply for an intra-district transfer.
- All students new to the SMUHSD must enroll; however, no intra-district nor sibling transfers will be accepted after February 21, 2014 midnight. You also run the risk of not being placed at your home school if your home school has reached its capacity.
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Did you know....
- Fall Final Exam Schedule
- Wednesday January 8, 2014 from 5-8pm the Class of 2014 Grad Night committee will be holding an International Food Night in the cafeteria. ADMISSION IS FREE. Sample plates are available for $1 to $4. Come enjoy tasty treats from around the world and surprise entertainment. Support the efforts of the Grad Night committee to provide our graduating seniors with a SAFE, SOBER and FUN Grad night event.
- Download the November 2013 issue of In Contact
- San Mateo County Health System 2013-2014 Seasonal Flu Vaccine Clinics Protect yourself, protect others. Everyone 6 months and older is encouraged to get vaccinated. No appointment required. No I.D. necessary. No fee, no insurance required. For more information visit www.smchealth.org/flu or call 650-573-3927. Download the county schedules for the flu clinics (English & Spanish).
- San Mateo High School is working with a company called EOS (Equal Opportunity Schools) to work on diversifying our enrollment in AP (Advanced Placement) courses to better match our school's demographics. EOS has put together a survey which we are asking all students to complete. We hope to use this information to identify, recruit and enroll more students who show academic potential into AP classes. Students can access the survey here.
- Last year's gorgeous yearbook sold out! Don't be caught empty-handed. Reserve your 2014 yearbook today for just $75 through the end of 2013. Come January, the price will go up.
- 5% of qualifying purchases at Office Depot go back to SMHS when you use SMHS's ID Number: 70014580. Tell the cashier to credit SMHS when you pay for your purchases.
- Use your REDcard at Target and a percentage of your purchases goes to SMHS.
Thank you in advance for your support of SMHS!