Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE IN VENUE!
8th Grade Family Information Night
Wednesday, October 29th
6:30 Program begins in the MAIN GYM
7:45 Tours and information tables in the MAIN BUILDING
Please join us to learn more about SMHS!
- Incoming Freshman Resource Guide - Download
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Did you know....
- The SMUHSD's Annual College & Career Fair is coming up later this month. This popular and much-in-demand night for college-bound students allows students and their families to collect information on application procedures, special programs, major requirements, expenses, social and cultural activities and housing. FREE and open to the public.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Mills High School, 400 Murchison Drive, Millbrae 94030
Help others learn about this informative event by sharing the event flyer with anyone who you think would be interested in attending college.
- 2014 November California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) Retest - Seniors and Juniors
On Tuesday, November 4th (English Language Arts) and Wednesday, November 5th (Math) 2014, Seniors and Juniors who have NOT PASSED either section of the CAHSEE test will be retested. Students and parents will be notified in letter form as to where students are to report on testing days. If you have any questions contact the Student Services Office at (650) 558-2304.
Save The Date - Wednesday, November 5th, 7:00 p.m.
ParenTeen Quest and the Burlingame School District present:
"The Connected Adolescent: A Roadmap to Parenting in the Digital Age" with Jason Brand at the San Mateo Performing Arts Center, Delaware Street, San Mateo (next to San Mateo High School) starting at 7.00pm. Download the flyer
Technology is pervasive in the lives of students and families, it is is here to stay, and it is going to play a central role in our children's futures. Jason Brand will help us to understand the powerful draw of new media/technology during childhood/adolescence, and how to help our children make good choices in the light of current research about technology and brain development. Click for more information and a link to purchase $5 tickets: http://tinyurl.com/PTQBrand11-5
13th Annual SMHS Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Banquet
Friday, November 14th
SM Elks Lodge
229 W. 20th Avenue, SM
- Dear Students: Please use this website to schedule and order any school photos including the senior portraits. Thank you!
- Help raise money for SMHS by registering your Safeway Club Card, Macy's, Visa & Mastercard through eScrip! It only takes a minute but the benefits are great! Simply visit www.escrip.com and enter SMHS Bearcat PTO's eScrip account number #139430620
- 5% of qualifying purchases at Office Depot go back to SMHS when you use SMHS's ID Number: 70014580. Tell the cashier to credit SMHS when you pay for your purchases.
- Use your REDcard at Target and a percentage of your purchases goes to SMHS. Thank you in advance for your support of SMHS!