Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
- Attention all new students to the SMUHSD!
If you are planning on attending San Mateo High School in August 2015, you must go to the Office of Attendance and Welfare located at 640 N. Delaware Street. Appointments are NOT required, but are strongly recommended! Call 650-558-2299 to make an appointment.
- Priority 1 Enrollment Window opens 8:30 AM on January 7, 2015 and closes 11:59 PM February 20, 2015
- Priority Enrollment Hours:
Regular Office Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Thursday (Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 PM), Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
Extended Hours: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays from January 7th through February 20th.
Saturday Hours: January 10th, 24th, 31st and February 7th: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Please visit the website to get a list of all the required documents you will need to provide when you visit the Office of Attendance and Welfare
If your school of residence is NOT San Mateo, and you would like to apply for a transfer, you must enroll first.
- Incoming Freshman Resource Guide - Download
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Did you know....
- Ewaste Collection-January 31st 9am-3pm
Did you get a new television for the holidays? Need to get rid of some old electronics equipment? Please bring your old tvs, computer monitors, laptops, dvd players, etc. to our ewaste collection date! Help save the environment and support our Grad Night Committee!
- Calling ALLSenior Families!
Please visit our website for more Grad Night Information. Your support is needed for us to put on a Grad Night all our seniors deserve!
- Please congratulate Nathan Philliber for coming in 5th place in the Samsung Mobile App Academy at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show!
Nathan was one of thirty Bay Area students to participate in Samsung's Mobile App Academy and high school competition to design an app. In total, there were 300 11th and 12th graders across 10 US cities that were selected to participate in a three day hands-on learning session last summer.
His idea, NoteAbout, uses smartphone GPS location features to provide users with location notations and visuals to encourage community exploration. Congratulations, Nathan!
- News from the Counseling Department, Help with College Applications. Download
- Graduating from high school is a once in a lifetime event! Now is the time to order your graduation items like class rings, announcements, t-shirts and hoodies. Please click here to go to the Jostens site to place your orders. The deadline is January 30th. Jostens will be on campus at lunch on Thursday, January 15th to take class ring orders. Info packets are available in Student Services if you want to order these items. No need to order a cap, gown or tassel; these items are covered by the SMUHSD. However, you need to give Mrs. Cervantes your height and weight, so we order the correct size!
- CAHSEE Countdown: 4 days until the California High School Exit Exam for ALL 10th Grade Students - Are you ready? California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) Testing for Sophomores (10th Grade Students) Since 2005-2006 all California public school students are required by state law to pass the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) as well as satisfy all other state and local requirements in order to receive a high school diploma. Find out more...
- Dear Students: Please use this website to schedule and order any school photos including the senior portraits. Thank you!
- Help raise money for SMHS by registering your Safeway Club Card, Macy's, Visa & Mastercard through eScrip! It only takes a minute but the benefits are great! Simply visit www.escrip.com and enter SMHS Bearcat PTO's eScrip account number #139430620
- 5% of qualifying purchases at Office Depot go back to SMHS when you use SMHS's ID Number: 70014580. Tell the cashier to credit SMHS when you pay for your purchases.
- Use your REDcard at Target and a percentage of your purchases goes to SMHS. Thank you in advance for your support of SMHS!