Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
- Priority Registration has CLOSED. Click here for more information or visit: http://www.smuhsd.org/enrollment
- SAVE the DATE
Wednesday, August 10th
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Freshmen share their most surprising thing they have noticed about SMHS... (download)
- Please be aware of construction to start at the beginning of August on Poplar-Hwy 101/N Humboldt Street Corridor. For more information please click here.
- Families should have received their INFOSNAP letters. Please be sure you open this letter, it contains your snapcode, to register by the Friday, July 29th deadline. Students will not be given their schedule of classes unless this is completed.
- Monday, August 8th
Main Gym-Please return overdue textbooks or pay lost textbook fines, take school ID photo, pick up your class schedule
- Wednesday, August 10th
Freshman and New Student Orientation
12noon Lunch-Spirit Lawn
12noon-3:00pm-Purchase PE Uniforms, take school ID photo, pick up schedule of classes, collection of donation forms, school lunch forms, dance contract, etc.
Freshman and New Parent/Guardian Reception (Spanish translation will be provided.)
Freshman and New Latino Parent/Guardian Reception
- AP Summer Assignments are being posted here.
- English summer reading assignments - Download
- SMHS has changed photographers for the 2016-17 school year from Prestige/Lifetouch to Still Light Studios.
Attention, Class of 2017! Please sign up for your senior portraits! They will be taken on campus! Please read the webpage. Please click on this link for more information.
- Letter parents of 12th graders regarding the suspension of the CAHSEE graduation requirement (English/Spanish/Chinese)
- ATHLETICS PACKETS 2016-2017 (includes Summer 2016)
Starting May 6th, 2016, Parents/guardians must now complete Athletic Packets online by going to www.smuhsd.org & clicking on "Athletic Packets" and "San Mateo". First time users will need to set-up an account. Returning users should enter their previously selected username & password to log-in. After the packet is completed & submitted, a confirmation email should be received.
Physicals that have not yet expired (were completed within the last year) and are on file in the SMHS Health Office, can be used until they expire and do not need to be resubmitted. Physicals must be completed in order for their clearance to be renewed.
Any questions about medical clearance, please see Ms. Hickey in the Health Office. Any other questions about sports, please see Coach Scheller in the E115 or the weight room.
- Congratulations to the SMHS Bearcat 2016-17 Dance Team!
- Download the March 2016 issue of In Contact.
- Help raise money for SMHS by registering your Safeway Club Card, Macy's, Visa & Mastercard through eScrip! It only takes a minute but the benefits are great! Simply visit www.escrip.com and enter SMHS Bearcat PTO's eScrip account number #139430620
- 5% of qualifying purchases at Office Depot go back to SMHS when you use SMHS's ID Number: 70014580. Tell the cashier to credit SMHS when you pay for your purchases.