Prospective Students and Families
Welcome to San Mateo! Thank you for your interest in San Mateo High School.
SHADOWING DATES - Thank you for your interest in shadowing at SMHS. Unfortunately, at this time, all shadow dates are full.
Friday, October 2-FULL
Wednesday, October 7-FULL
Friday, October 9-FULL
Tuesday, October 13-FULL
Thursday, October 15 - FULL
Wednesday, October 21 - FULL
Friday, October 23 - FULL
Shadowing is a half day program. Please plan on arriving around 7:45am in the SMHS library and being picked up around 1pm. You will visit two block period classes and get a tour of the school. There is a limit of 25 shadows per day. Only one shadow date is allowed. Please complete the following application. We hope to meet you soon!
- Eighth Grade Family Night
Tuesday, October 27th
6:30pm-Performing Arts Center
- Meet and Greet Events-Save the dates!
Foster City-Thursday, November 5th
RSVP to email@example.com by November 1st
768 Matsonia Drive, FC
Hillsborough-Tuesday, November 17th
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13th
20 Percheron Place, Hillsborough
- 8th Graders FAQs (download)
- Advice and information from SMHS Freshman (download)
- FAQs for Parents/Guardians (download)
- Freshmen share their most surprising thing they have noticed about SMHS... (download)
- Monday, October 12th-NO SCHOOL for students. Professional Development Day for Faculty and Staff
- Tuesday, October 13th is a B Day.
- Wednesday, October 14th is a SPECIAL A Day-PSAT Administration for all 10th and 11th graders. See bullet below for special schedule.
- Wednesday, October 14th is an A Day.
- Thursday, October 15th is a B Day.
- Friday, October 16th is an A Day.
- College & Career Fair 2015: Touch Your Future...
The SMUHSD's Annual College & Career Fair is here again.
More than 100 vendors will speak and offer guidance to more than 1,000 students and family members who will attend this popular and informative event.
Event highlights include:
-UC and CSU system representatives and speakers
-"The Community College Connection" presentation
-Financial aid presentations
-Reps from a wide variety of universities throughout the country
-Apprenticeship programs, trades and special guests
-Tips on applying to highly selective colleges
-Other unique programs for post high school and beyond!
Monday, October 19, 201
6:30 pm to 8:30 p
Mills High School, 400 Murchison Dr., Millbrae
Check out http://www.smuhsd.org/collegecareerfair for details.
- "GRID is fast approaching and so is the deadline for your guest pass. Please print and turn in complete with a COPY of your guest's ID card (Sorry but actual ID card will not be accepted).
Deadline: October 19, 2015 3:30pm"
- Congratulations to our National Merit Semifinalists!
- Help raise money for SMHS by registering your Safeway Club Card, Macy's, Visa & Mastercard through eScrip! It only takes a minute but the benefits are great! Simply visit www.escrip.com and enter SMHS Bearcat PTO's eScrip account number #139430620
- 5% of qualifying purchases at Office Depot go back to SMHS when you use SMHS's ID Number: 70014580. Tell the cashier to credit SMHS when you pay for your purchases.
- Use your REDcard at Target and a percentage of your purchases goes to SMHS. Thank you in advance for your support of SMHS!